Have you noticed when you listen to certain music that your body begins to sway or your feet begin to tap? Even young children will pick up a beat and begin to dance to the surprise of their parents.
Consider an orchestra. Each movement or section of the composition is distinct and designed with its own purpose in mind. Some movements may cause you to tear, whereas other movements might compel you to clap to the beat.
The intent of music is unashamedly to invoke a response in the audience – to cause something to move within you. And that is exactly what sound does, it causes something to move – literally!
Now consider fulfilling your destiny. Like the symphony, your intent is to cause something to happen, to cause something to move . . . to change! What are you called to move, to impact, to change?
- Eradicate human trafficking.
- See entire people group’s saved through you bringing the gospel message.
- Establish a biblical model of corporate governance.
- Educate the poor in a city or nation.
- Design a new energy technology that will free our country from oil dependence.
- Provide a model for growing crops that can be used in local communities.
- Establish a “Holy-wood” as an alternative to today’s “Hollywood”.
- Provide clean water to the poor.
- Bring legislation for Christ-based causes.
- Bring a Kingdom alternative to health insurance.
What about you? What do you want to move or change?
To fulfill these and other types of callings, you need a force (or vibration or sound) to move certain things out of the way and bring new things into play. You could do it the old fashioned way and assume that the people you begin with will be the people you end up with. Or you could consider that like an orchestra with distinct movements, you will need different groups of people along the way to produce the different types of sounds necessary to cause the change you desire.
Although in history God has had his man or woman of the hour, since the time of Christ, God has sought to move through a corporate Body: His Body in the earth (Eph. 4:1-16). Hence, we need the full orchestra of instruments (His Body) to embody the sound that will accomplish His will.